Position for PhD Students: Graduate Teaching Assistantships 2009,
European Studies Research Institute, University of Salford, UKEvery year the University of Salford offers a number of Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) for suitably qualified candidates wishing to study for a PhD.
Applications are now invited for scholarships based in the European Studies Research Institute (ESRI) starting in October 2009.
The scholarships are worth £13,290 per annum over three years and are open to UK/EU students.Subject areas include:*
- EU/European Politics; Middle East politics;
- Political Parties and Elections; Gender; Democratisation; Political Communication*
- Political theory/Radical analysis/International Political Economy*
- Military/International/Political History*
- International Relations/IR Theory; Intelligence; Security/Strategic Studies; US Foreign Policy*
- Translation and Interpreting Studies; Theoretical and Descriptive Linguistics; European Literature and Culture
Graduate Teaching Assistantships offer students the opportunity to study for a PhD while undertaking teaching duties in areas usually related to their PhD research.Successful candidates will work under the direction of an academic staff member on a range of teaching activities, up to 180 hours over the academic year (based on an average of six hour per week).
Please note there are TWO closing dates:1. The closing date for GTA applications is 6 February 2009.2.
ESRI will also put forward outstanding applications for external funding. Please note the earlier deadline for applicants wishing to be considered for ESRC/AHRC funding is 12th January 2009.
For details on how to apply please visit: www.esri.salford.ac.uk
For any additional queries, please contact: Dr Steve Ward, T +44 (0)161 295 2803, email@example.com