King Hamad is the head of state in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
His powers include , but not limited to the following.
- Appoints and dismisses the Prime Minister and the cabinet.
- Has wide-ranging executive and legislative powers.
- Appoints the president and members of the Consultative Council.
- Is the commander in chief of the armed forces.
- Is chairman of the Higher Judicial Council and appoints judges.
- Has the right to call for a referendum on any issue he deems important.
- Can rule by decree and dissolve parliament.
- Has the right to veto laws passed by the National Assembly.
- Has the power to amend the constitution and propose, ratify, and promulgate laws.
AbuRasool in the royal shadow (almost).